The Importance of Sound Sleep
Two hundred years ago, people slept around 10 hours nightly, adjusting their wake-sleep hours to daylight. Today, roughly half of all adults experience sleepless nights or poor quality sleep. And the older a person is, the worse it can become.
Do you have difficulty falling or staying asleep?
Do you wake up during the night, or too early in the morning? Are you groggy upon arising in the morning? Answering yes to any of these questions is indicative of insomnia.
Sleep has an enormous impact on your overall health!
Anyone who lacks quality sleep on a regular basis will eventually suffer physical, mental and emotional health consequences. Poor sleep quality can affect brain health, cardiovascular health, immunity and weight. Symptoms include:
- Daytime fatigue, low energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Digestive changes
- Moodiness, frustration.
There are natural solutions to sleeplessness.
Many scientific studies have shown that
Acupuncture significantly improved sleep quality and duration
when compared to no treatment or medication.
Acupuncture. Safe and effective.
How Acupuncture helps improve Sleep Quality:
- Acupuncture helps relax the body and mind, which can reduce insomnia.
- Stimulates the release of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulates sleep. Depending on the acupuncture points stimulated, other neurotransmitters are released to alleviate pain, inflammation, stress, anxiety, restlessness, and depression, which are often at the root of insomnia.
- It improves blood flow and circulation to the brain, which can improve sleep.
- It can stimulate the vagus nerve, which helps shift the whole body into a more relaxed zen state by triggering the parasympathetic nervous system.
NEW! Ask about No-Needle vagus nerve stimulation via the ear.
- There is no set “protocol” of acupuncture points that resolves every case of insomnia. Instead, the body as a whole is addressed.
Natural Products to Alleviate Insomnia
NEW! Light Therapy Patches
A simple to use patch applied nightly to enhance sleep.
- The patch is non-transdermal, meaning it does not deliver drugs or chemicals into the body.
- It improves sleep by stimulating an acupuncture point using a combination of pressure and infrared energy.
- Our bodies constantly emit energy; the patches are made in such a way that they passively mirror a narrow band of that energy back into the body. Studies have shown that these light therapy patches improved the quality of sleep and the length of time slept in more than 70% of participants.
- Contact me for a free sample by Jan 31, 2024, or to place an order.
Professional Grade Supplements – Talk to me about your sleep issues. Different products for different needs such as difficulty falling asleep, jet lag, shift workers, delayed sleep phase syndrome, etc. Follow the link to my dispensary page and check out a curated selection of nine different supplements to choose from.
https://ca.fullscript.com/plans/cdahlke-insomnia. (You will need to create an account before you can access the dispensary… just follow the prompt.)
TCM Herbal products – Best suited for chronic or recurring insomnia.
A formula will be prescribed based on your TCM diagnosis.